Sunday, October 10, 2010

As I become older and more mature i seem to be arrive at the border of independence. A place where my mother will give me a little more space and where i should be well off to do such things like make my own grocery list, contribute towards bills, and be aware of my credit score. This transition has left me with the responsibility to attribute value to all of the useless shit i keep that has "sentimental" value from my past. For example, three buddha figurines have traveled from five different bedrooms of mine and sat next to my sleeping head for ganesha knows what reason. Cleaning out my buddhas and shirts from baby Gap has also led me to my music library which is a collection logging the angsty and meaningful journey of my emo-to-screamo-to-folky-to-rottencowcore of my adolesence. But i stand as a man of duty and delete the songs that i realistically will never listen to again ignoring my conscious that implores i'll want to play "toxic" by brittany spears just for fun in the near future. Upon this task, ive come across those gems that i have forgotten or impulse downloads i didn't give any attention to. These are some of the treasures i'm enjoying while i eradicate the songs of my past.

"Little Girl" - Billy Preston
"I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You" - Colin Hay
"Waterfall" - Daniel Rossen
"Yes, This Is About You" - Gatsby's American Dream
"The Thought Gives Me The Creeps (Daytrotter)" - Hellogoodbye**song rules
"Gymnopedie" - Joe Galambos
"Gravity" - John Mayer from his live album Where The Light Is
"Under the Gun" - The Killers

No comments:

Post a Comment